Surveys / Interviews - Office of Research & Innovation
Surveys & Interviews
The NPS IRB is responsible for ensuring NPS researchers comply with all applicable human subjects research policies. Current human subjects research policies make reference to survey policies but do not require the IRB to monitor compliance with survey policies. Therefore, until such time that NPS develops and distributes a survey policy, the IRB intends to review human subjects research protocols based on the existing IRB policies.
The IRB will inform researchers of the applicable (DoN, DoD, and Federal) survey policies and encourage them to seek whatever approval may be required based on the number of subjects and the organizations by which the subjects are employed.
Qualtrics Account Request
Qualtrics is the preffered survey tool for NPS online data collection. You can request a Qualtrics account by clicking the link here.
If you have any questions, please contact the NPS ITACS Webmaster team at email@example.com.
- Qualtrics Quick Start Guide
- Migrating a Survey from LimeSurvey to Qualtrics
- NPS IRB Guidance on Survey Approvals
- NPS Interview and Survey Guidance Sheet
- DON Survey Policy (OPNAVINST 5300.8C)
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Information Collection Overview
- Marine Corps Survey Program (MCO 5300.18)
Contact the IRB
- Dr. Larry Shattuck
- LT Aditya Prasad, USN
IRB Vice Chair
- Bryan Hudgens
IRB Vice Chair
- Human Research Protection Program