Naval Research Program Homepage - Naval Research Program
Welcome to the Naval Research Program Portal!
The Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) Naval Research Program (NRP) is funded by the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) and supports research projects for the Navy and Marine Corps. The NRP research projects are comprised of individual research teams, where projects are conducted, NPS expertise is developed, and then maintained, on behalf of the Navy and Marine Corps. Learn more...
Initial Research Estimate Form (IREF) Submission
General Research Topic Submission and IREF Submission for FY24 research funding consideration has passed. We are not accepting additional Research Topics or IREFs at this time.
Topic review and board consideration for funding is done on an annual cycle but you can submit a new topic or resubmit a topic for consideration most any time. FY25 topic submission opened 01 JUN.
- 01 Jun: Topic Submission for FY25 Cycle Opened
- 07 Jun: Deadline for Research Topic Sponsor to Approve/Disapprove FY24 IREFs
- 12 Jun: IREF Packages sent to Topic Sponsor Leads for Review & Prioritization
- 12 Jul: Deadline for Topic Sponsor Leads FY24 IREF Prioritization to the NRP
- TBD July: NPS FY24 IREF in line with TAG
- TBD August: FY24 Topics Review Board (TRB) Meeting
- TBD August: FY24 Project Selection Results Notification
- See more...
NRP Project Quick Hits
Click on the images below to see a larger view. Images on this page are for educational purposes, and copyright restrictions may apply.