- Read Section 123 “Leave and Liberty” in the NPS Student Handbook.
- If traveling OCONUS, you shall go to Security Manager’s office in the basement of Glasgow and report your intended travel itinerary. In addition, you shall complete all request ATFP, security and country clearance requirements prior to submitting your leave request. Any leave request without requirement completion shall be recycled back to the member.
- If you are missing classes, you shall gain permission from your instructors and then annotate the proper remarks in the comment section. In order to have leave approved in timely manner, permission must be granted from the Program Officer and all professors/instructors of classes that are to be missed. Program Officer recommendation is required on all leave requests.
- Click on Leave Form to open. For Permissive TAD, open the PTAD Form
a. Fill out the appropriate blocks on the Leave or PTAD Form. Click on shaded blocks to make entries. Click in the boxes to add an "X."
b. Save your Leave/PTAD Form on your computer using your last name.
c. Send your Leave Form as an attachment to your Program Officer. Your Program Officer will electronically sign and mark as approved or disapproved.
d. Your Program Officer will then forward your leave request to Student Services as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
e. Student Services will forward your Leave Form to NPS Marine Officer in Charge or appointed delegate.
- Submit Leave or PTAD Request on Marine Online (MOL) to Marine Officer in Charge or appointed delegate. Ensure a courtesy copy is sent to the NPS Marine Officer in Charge or appointed delegate in your Leave/ PTAD request.
- When Marine Officer in Charge has received both your NPS Leave Form and your MOL Leave Request your leave in MOL will be approved.
- One you have received your approved leave, submit a Request to Miss Muster (password required). Include your Leave Authorization Number in your Request to Miss Muster Once your Request to Miss Muster has been approved, you will receive an automatically generated email. If you do not receive an email within 3 days of submitting your request (with approved Leave), please contact Student Services.