What's new in Labtainers - Center for Cybersecurity and Cyber Operations
What's new in Labtainers?
See the Labtainers release notes for details on additions and fixes to Labtainers.
- 2 new introductory software vulnerability labs: overrun and printf
- Added sql-workbench to the db-access lab
- Moodle LMS support for bulk download of student submissions (See the Instructor Guide)
- SIGCSE Symposium workshop guide for using and creating new Labtainers exercises.
- Ten new web security labs using the OWASP framework, published as IModules.
- GUI-based "labedit" tool for creating and editing labs (see the Lab Designer Guide)
- Browser-based review of automated assessment results and artifacts from student labs. (See the Instructor Guide).
- Run Labtainers using “Docker Desktop” for Windows or Mac, accessing a virtual desktop via a web browser. (See Student Guide.)
- Deploy Labtainers on cloud servers for remote access via a web browser (See https://github.com/mfthomps/Labtainers/blob/master/headless-lite/README.md) Note this is not a turn-key solution, it requires IT support and integration with local infrastructure.
- A new “db-access” lab covering access control on a shared RDBMS per an information security policy
- Addition of quizzes to help ensure students are prepared to perform the lab – see the db-access lab for an example.