Test Sites - Research
Currently NPS operates sUAS at five locations:
- McMillan at Camp Roberts (Restricted Airspace)
- Carmel Shore (FAA Certificate of Authorization)
- Monterey Bay Academy Airfield (FAA Certificate of Authorization)
- C2 Tech Bridge at Marina AP (FAA Certificate of Authorization)
- Hunter Low MOA Corridor (FAA Certificate of Authorization)
Scheduling the first two test sites must be done 90 days in advance.
If you consider flying somewhere else, please review Requirements and Guidance for Access to and Operations Within United States Civil Airspace by Department of the Navy Unmanned Aircraft Systems. Dr. Yakimenko and Dr. Orescanin are designated as UAS Airspace Access Applicants for NPS. When contacting them, be prepared to supply information as shown in this example. The lead time depends on the class of airspace you intend to fly in (one week to a couple of months).