SFS Scholarships - Monarch - Center for Cybersecurity and Cyber Operations
Civilian Master's Degree Scholarship SFS-Monarch Option
How to Apply for the SFS-Monarch Program
1. Review the SFS-Monarch Application Timelines.
3. Review the SFS Handbook to understand your obligations pertaining to the program.
4. Follow the instructions on "Application Instructions for Scholarship for Service STEM and MONARCH Programs"
SFS-MONARCH Program Description
SFS - Cyber Through Metamorphosis (SFS-MONARCH)
This program is designed to TRANSFORM one's life to be a leader in the cyber security field that will continue to grow as the nation's dependence on secure communications and data structures grow for years to come. Make a difference today!
The U.S. Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) in Monterey is proud to offer an exceptional program that enables civilians to obtain a full scholarship for a Master's Degree, receive a salary while in school, and begin a civilian career with an unlimited future. The NPS Scholarship for Service program DOES NOT entail enrollment in the Military. Our students receive their Master's Degree and move on to CIVILIAN government jobs in such organizations as the CIA, FBI, NSA, and others.
NPS's Center for Cybersecurity and Cyber Operations is one of the world's foremost centers for cybersecurity and cyber operations education and research and has been key to the designation of NPS as a National Center of Excellence in Cyber Defense Education, National Center of Excellence in Cyber Defense Research, and a National Center of Excellence - Cyber Operations.
- Paid tuition at NPS for two year Master's Degree in Computer Science
- $34,000/year stipend while enrolled in the program, plus the following additional benefits:
- health insurance reimbursement allowance of up to $3,000 per year
- book allowance of up to $2,000 per year
- professional development allowance of up to $4,000 per year.
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment
- Opportunities for research with internationally recognized faculty experts in Cybersecurity and Cyber Operations
- Access to SFS-specific resources for internship and job searches
- Participate in a summer internship to gain real world experience
- Upon graduation, start your paid CIVILIAN position as a cyber security professional in any of a number of government organizations for a minimum of two years
Students selected for this program will receive a full 2-year tuition (i.e. six to nine academic quarters) to the NPS Computer Science Program, a yearly stipend while in school, and placement in a summer internship program. After completion of the program, students will seek full-time, paid positions with the Federal Government where they will work for a minimum of two full years. This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grants No. xx, and xx.
- Bachelor’s Degree, prior to enrollment, in any undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- The selection committee is most interested in applications with aptitude, but may have little or no computer science background
- Applicants should highlight their desire to work for the Federal Government in an Information Assurance related position.
Aptitude will be based on the entire package submitted by the applicant.
Jobs after graduation
ATTN: NPS Scholarship for Service
Naval Postgraduate School
1411 Cunningham Road
Dept CS, Bldg. 305, GE210
Monterey, CA 93943-5285 Email
STEM and MONARCH Application Timelines
|Timeline||Application Season||Application Deadline||Student Notification||Application Deadline||Student Notification||Student Reporting Date||Classes Begin|
|TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||Sep 22||Jan 23|
Note: GRE scores must be submitted as part of each application. Be sure to allow sufficient time to schedule an exam if you have not taken the GRE recently.