Conferences and Private Events
Conferences at the Naval Postgraduate School
NPS entities desiring to host a conference at NPS should contact the NPS Protocol Office (NPSconf@nps.edu) to arrange time for a discussion of the requirements.
Actions required to request a conference involve:
1. Reviewing: DOD conference guidance version 4.0 and OPNAVINST 5050.34 dated 15 Sep 17
2. Preparing an estimate of DOD cost. Use OPNAV 5050/11 Conference Form.
3. Discussing any co-hosting arrangement with the Staff Judge Advocate to determine acceptability of the co-host arrangement and review of the MOA.
4. The NPS Scheduling Office will assist with reserving spaces for your conference.
5. Upon review/approval of the OPNAV 5050/11 by the NPS Protocol Office and the MOA by the SJA, the NPS Protocol Office will obtain approval signatures from the NPS President, or other appropriate authority, as required.
6. Upon receipt of approval to hold your conference, you will be responsible for planning and executing the event and providing an actual cost report at the end of the conference.
7. Follow the Action Officer Conference Checklist located on the Protocol Office webpage for step-by-step instructions.