Dr. Ann E. Rondeau
Vice Adm. (ret.) Ann E. Rondeau became President of the Naval Postgraduate School in January 2019.
Dr. Scott Gartner
Dr. Scott Gartner became Provost and Chief Academic Officer of the university in March 2021.
NPS academic departments are 100% focused on meeting the unique needs of Naval forces, DOD, and our allied partners to advance U.S. national security. Throughout the leadership structure at NPS are visionaries capable of marrying high-level, forward-thinking academia with real-world DoD relevance, guiding the university to excel in its unique niche.
- Applied Mathematics Chair, Dr. Frank Giraldo
- Computer Science Chair, Dr. Gurminder Singh
- Defense Analysis Chair, Dr. Carter Malkasian
- Department of Defense Management Chair, Mr. Raymond D. Jones
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Chair, Dr. Douglas Fouts
- Information Sciences Chair, Dr. Alex Bordetsky
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Chair, Dr. Brian Bingham
- Meteorology Chair, Dr. Wendell A. Nuss
- National Security Affairs Chair, Dr. Maria J. Rasmussen
- Oceanography Chair, Dr. Peter C. Chu
- Operations Research Chair, Dr. Matt Carlyle
- Physics Acting Chair, Dr. Frank Narducci
- Systems Engineering Chair, Dr. Oleg Yakimenko
- Cyber Academic Group, Chair, Dr. James Bret Michael
- Energy Academic Group, Chair, Dr. Daniel Nussbaum
- Space Systems Academic Group, Chair, Dr. James Newman
- Undersea Warfare Academic Group, Chair, Dr. Douglas Horner
- Vice Provost for Research, Dr. Kevin B. Smith
- Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, Dr. Joseph Hooper
- Vice Provost for Academic Leadership, Dr. Jomana Amara
- University Librarian, Thomas Rosko
- Dean of Students, Capt. Thor Martinsen, USN, Ph.D.
- Associate Provost for Graduate Education, Dr. Dennis Lester
Providing critical management across varied functional support areas are a team of leaders dedicated to high-level, responsible and efficient service to the Naval Postgraduate School and the Navy. NPS' Management team oversee the efficient delivery of empowering services to the institution, enabling the NPS community to fulfill its mission of naval-unique education and research.
- Chief Operating Officer, Mr. Robert Sweeney
- Command Information Officer, Capt. Scott Bischoff, USN (Ret)
- Director, Human Resources, Robert Trefault
- Director, Financial Management and Comptroller, Laura Cole
- Director, Facilities Management, Ryan Stewart
- Director, Acquisition, Jeff Jodlowski
- Inspector General, Kevin Nykanen
- Staff Judge Advocate, Cmdr. Scott Thomas
- Security Manager/Special Security Officer, Marcus "Andy" Andersen
- Counsel, Jody Devine
- Director, Occupational Safety, Health, and Environment, Antolino Colon