NPS - Faculty Profiles - Heading
Back to Search
Steven B Hall
Phone: (831) 656-1073
Renown social science expert specializing in agent-based modeling of the often non-linear responses of collective/social identity groups to sense-making crises.
PhD - University of California-Irvine 1983Major: Cognitive and Social ScienceDissertation Title: Perlocutionary Meaning
- 2011 - current: Research Professor
- 1985 - 2011 Prin. Scientist, Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Center
- 1984 - 1985 Knowledge/Language Engineer, Abacus Programming Corp
- 1982 - 1984 Principal, Cognitive Assessment & Rehabilitation Systems
- 1975 - 1982 Teaching Assistant, University of California Irvine
Understanding the sources of social resilience, stability and insurrection; MOOTW; non-linear 'emergent' behavior; M&S of complex systems.
MV4657: (Modeling and Simulation of Societies in Conflict) and associated student thesis/dissertation advising.
Boards, Memberships, & Certifications
Licensures and Certifications
- 2011 Certified K&F Group Facilitator and Instructor Training