COVID FAQS Communications
Q1: How do we stay informed if the campus is closed?
A1: The NPS website, intranet and social media platforms will continue to provide official updates.
- The home page will offer operating status updates
- Check the intranet home page for details and actions requested of you
- Stay in touch with your supervisor or military chain of command
- Link to ONR PAO: https://nps.edu/office-of-university-communications
- Link to the NPS external site/Internet: https://www.nps.edu
- Link to the NPS internal site/intranet: https://nps.edu/group/mynps/welcome
- Link to COVID-19 Updates for NPS Faculty, Students and Staff:
Q2: How do I stay informed of emergency alerts issued from NPS and NSAM?
A2: NPS and NSAM have robust capabilities to provide rapid alerts and dissemination of critical information in the event of an emergency situation through the AtHoc system.
To activate, left-click on the Purple Globe in the hidden icons on your desktop screen to see the menu or go to: http://wiki.nps.edu/display/TAC/NSA+Monterey+AtHoc+Mass+Notification+System.
For questions, contact the Emergency Management Coordinator at email@example.com or 831-656-7661.
Basic information on emergency preparedness is at: https://my.nps.edu/web/safety/emergency-management